Searching for a quick and easy, meal prep snack for the week? In less than 10 minutes, this Simple Bean Salad will do the trick. This recipe requires minor ingredients but is so refreshing and light.
Begin by dicing 1 1/2 bell peppers, 1/2 an onion (red or white), and 2 Roma tomatoes. Place these in a large bowl, drain and rinse 3 15 oz cans of beans (I used pinto, kidney, and chickpeas, but you can use any you have on hand or multiple of the same). Add 1 tsp Italian seasonings, 1/8 cup of olive oil, and the juice from 1 lemon. Stir well and serve with crackers, chips, what have you.
Simple Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 bell peppers
- 1/2 an onion (red or white)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 3 15 oz cans of beans (black, pinto, chickpea, kidney, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Dice your bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Add these to a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add these with the veggies.
- Add Italian seasonings, olive oil and the juice from 1 lemon.
- Stir well to combine and enjoy!