Chickpeas are a big staple in our house. They are high in nutrients including fiber and protein and good source of calories. My son used to eat them plain, just drained and rinsed. They were a great snack for him, a side for dinner, or a perfect topping on salad. My husband was looking for some additional work snacks so we decided to doctor them up a bit and these hit the spot.
Start by preheating your oven to 400. Drain and rinse a 15 oz can of chickpeas. Place the rinsed chickpeas in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper. If you don’t have Mrs. Dash, garlic and pepper seasoning works as well.
Stir to coat all of the chickpeas. Pour the coated chickpeas on to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes. These chickpeas do not turn out crunchy. If you prefer them crunchy, add an additional 10-15 minutes to the cook time, stirring about halfway.
Oven Roasted Garlic Chickpeas
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400. Drain and rinse a 15 oz can of chickpeas. Transfer the chickpeas to a small bowl. Add 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper to your taste. Give a stir to coat.
- Pour the chickpeas in to a prepared baking dish. Place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Note: These chickpeas do not come out crunchy. If you’d prefer them crunchy, add an additional 10-15 minutes to the cook time and stir about half way through.